Sunday, September 7, 2008

08' Trek up Timp

Today was our annual trek up Mt. Timpanogos. It was our first time hiking up Timp with the baby. Actually, I hiked it when I was pregnant, so that's not true. Today I made it a little farther than when I was pregnant, but we didn't get to the top. We did still make it just below the saddle, for a total of about 12 miles of hiking!


It was amazing weather and Munkey B did really good except for when we got to the higher parts of the trail she was refusing food. We wonder if it had anything to do with the altitude. As soon as we came back down the mountain a bit, she started eating again. Or maybe it was just because she was so tempted to eat the whole mountain, because she tried. I love these pics of Dan trying to keep her from eating everything in site.


It was a fantastic day for us as a family and Munkey's first climb on Timp, outside the womb, I think she liked it.

3 comments:

Go for It ! said...

Her mouth is always open :)

KP&GVS3 said...

We think you made the Baby Hiking Olympics, hooray!

Unknown said...

Looks like she'll have a mouth full of teeth by Christmas!