Thursday, December 11, 2014

End of the year 2014

Tonight for the Christmas activity we did an end of the year questionarie.  Sara's answers were pretty predicable except for I didn't expect her to say that Easter was her favorite holiday, I thoguht she'd say Christmas.  I think it will be fun to see how their responses change over the years.  I hope I can remember to do it again next year.  



Sara stayed home sick today and it was really sad.  Her teacher had planned a big surpise for the parents by taping their Christmas performance.  I'm really sad that Sara had to miss it.  She stayed in bed all day and slept. 

I recently gave her the choice to take Hip Hop Dancing with Brennan in January or to stay with swimming and she chose to stay with swimming.  She loves it so much and her teacher loves teaching her so it's a win win.  She has gained so much this year from swimming so I'm glad she chose that.  She has been asking to come to swimming early and stay late so she can watch the older kids swim.  She hopes to try out for the swim team this summer.  I know she will be ready by then. 

As the year ends, I would say her biggest achievement this year was her reading.  She went from reading Dick and Jane type readers to in a matter of a couple of months reading chapter books like Balto and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  She is an amazing reader and we are so proud of her.


No comments: