Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer fun

Sara has been begging to go to the splash pad here in SF but they've been doing maintenance on it or else it has been really crowded, so I haven't taken her.  This morning we decided to head down there so we put everyone in their swim suits.  We got there and Sara was so disappointed the water was not turned on.  So we played at the park for a little while and then at 10 a.m. they turned the water on!  She ran as fast as she could over to the water spouts and was the first kid in the water.

I tried to get there early because it gets hot and really crowded so I brought Brennan's breakfast with us and his little portable kid chair.  I fed him breakfast while we watched Sara playing in the water.  She was having a blast.





After he had breakfast, then he was raring to go, he was bursting out of his chair to go crawl around the splash pad.

I didn't take my camera into the water, so I didn't get any pics of him in the water but he did play with the water jets.  He would go up to one that wasn't on and it would suddenly come on and blast him in the face.  He kind of liked it and kind of hated it too.  Then Sara and I took turns walking him around by holding his hands and dunking him in the streams of water.   I think he mostly had fun.  He probably would have liked it even more if the water had been warmer. 

After they had had enough, we went back to the play ground and the sun and wind dried them off nicely so we could all get back in the car.  It was a fun outing and the best part is that it wasn't crowded that time of the morning.  I want to go back sometime at night because the park is open until 10 pm and they have lights below each water jet, I think the kids would love to see it with the lights on.

We will also probably have Brennan's 1st b'day party at the Splash Pad, there are pavilions that you can get right next to it.  I'm excited to see how that turns out.  I think if it's a nice day, everyone will have lots of fun.









No comments: