Monday, January 9, 2012

Beach musings

Today Sara talked all day about going to the beach in May in Florida.  She asked me all kinds of questions, like where is Florida (so we did her US puzzle) and do they have Sushi there like they have in California (not sure where she got that one).  Also she asked if we could take our fish in the fish tank to the beach and let them play or if we could bring Dolphins home, so we had a conversation about freshwater vs salt water animals.

Then she wanted to talk about sand and seashells.  She said we could make sand castles, sand bread, and sand knives, for sandwiches.  I thought it was pretty clever.  We just happened to read a book today that talked about looking inside the shells you find at the beach to make sure they don't have any creatures in them, and if they do, throw them back.  She promises she will check every shell.

I'm so excited to take her to Panama City where I spent time as a kid.  I can't wait to see what we find on the beach and hopefully the water will be warm in May.  Also, it would be fun to take her to the touristy shell shops that have all kinds of shells you can buy and let her pick out some like I did when I was a kid.  I'm also glad Brennan will be able to sit up by then and play in the sand and water too.

Sara has been wanting to hold, hug, and tickle Brennan a lot.  Sometimes it makes me nervous but he's learning to squeal if he's uncomfortable.  As he gets bigger and bigger I'm sure they will do more together.  Here's a cute series of pics I took of them tonight.

 



 



No comments: