Monday, August 22, 2011

Ladder to Peaches


Sara is tired of watching our neighbors gorgeous peaches on his tree so today she built a ladder out of her chairs to try and reach them. She keeps asking if we can have them and I tell her she has to ask our neighbor Greg. Tonight she saw him in the yard and asked him. I'm sure they will send her over some.

Sara is so good with Brennan. She is really curious as to what he is doing and she is always asking me if he's hungry or tired. She wants to help hold his bottle and today she put a blanket over him when he was on the floor. It makes me a little nervous that she could hurt him and not know it so I have been watching them extra close. She really does want to take care of him though. So far I have not detected that much jealousy, hopefully it stays that way.

If I'm feeding him I try to make it her reading time and do things for her as I'm taking care of him so that she doesn't feel that it's either him or her that gets attention. It seems to be working out OK.

Tomorrow is Sara's first music class since he was born, I hope it goes well and that he does not scream the whole time. I'm crossing my fingers for sleep.

No comments: