Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hiking and Swimming

Sara gets so excited any time we say we are going on vacation.  She likes going to "cabins" as she calls them even though sometimes it's hotel rooms. 

We were so proud of Sara that she hiked 6 miles by herself, without being carried, to Cassidy Arch in Capitol Reef.  Also, later in the day, we did another 2 mile hike where we went through some washes.  I was hunting for rocks and she really got into hunting for rocks.  She wanted to show me every rock she found and Dan pointed out that she was desperate for my approval.  She wanted to hike with me down in the wash looking for rocks instead of hiking with her Dad on the trial above.  I was actually surprised she was so interested in it.



Also, later that night, she got to go in the hotel pool with Dan.  It was the first time she has ever been in a pool. She had so much fun she didn't want to leave.  Dan said we really need to get her swim lessons so I'm going to book her some lessons for the end of February and March at a pool in our neighborhood, only a few houses down from her pre-school.  I've been wanting her to take swim lessons for a while. It will only be a half hour, on M&W and Brennan and I will watch the little fish.  I think she could be an awesome swimmer some day.  The place where she is taking lessons has lots of levels of classes she could take also. http://www.whitneypool.com/

No comments: