Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer camping and star party

Sara went to her first star party to watch the Perseid Meteor Shower this year.  She has not been camping in a very long time and has been begging us to take her.  Also, she had never seen a meteor shower before or a shooting star.  I wasn't sure she'd really understand or get the star party but she really thought it was very cool and she was very excitedly spotting meteors on her own in no time.  Maybe she inherited the eagle eyes.

The star party went really late so we didn't get back to our camp site until 12 pm.  Sara got right into her sleeping bag and listened to her music while we stayed up and watched for more meteors.  It got really cold in our tent at about 2 a.m. and she ended up pushing me off my sleeping pad and I stayed up most of the night covering her back up every time she shifted around.

 I think the outing was a really good experience for her though and I really wish we went camping more often.  I will try to think of at least one more place we can camp out this fall. It was also one of the few trips, maybe the only trip I've ever taken with just Sara and I, I think we need to do more of that too.  I love to spend one on one time with her.

Also, she had fun camping with Granny Karen and Grandpa, the doted on her of course and she loved it.

Sara is a lucky kid!

No comments: