Thursday, August 23, 2012

Painting and Color Cakes

Sara surprised me this week by painting a picture that wasn't just a random scribble.  She wanted to paint if for Benny's Birthday.  it has candles, grass, a sun, and an apple.  It definitely had a theme and I thought she did a great job.  I hope she has some artistic skills, I'm excited to see what she comes up with next.  Her fine motor skills are improving.


She had her first music class for Fall this week and I noticed that the quarter notes and quarter rests she drew looked much better.  I'm excited for her to have a year at pre-school also, I think it's going to be astounding how much she changes and grows in the next 6 months.

She has also been trying harder at home to be helpful. She has decided that watering the garden and the plants on the front porch is really fun.  She goes out at least once a day and waters the plants without being told.  Most times I still water after she does but that's beside the point she's doing the job as best as she can.  Also, another one of her jobs is picking up the apples every morning.  She has learned if she goes out early enough that the wasps aren't eating the apples.

Today, as a special treat, we decided to make rainbow colored pancakes, why not.

Sara was super excited to help, she loves the colored batters.  She also said that the various colors had different flavors, funny how the brain plays tricks.

Brennan tried the green.

Lastly, today Sara and I painted our nails.  I did a first coat of dark purple, then we put a coat of silver and blue sparkly on top of that.  It looked pretty cool.  I think it was a fun experience for her to go to the nail salon but I don't think we'll be going back very often.  The smell in there probably took years off our lives.  They must have had some cheap nail polish to get rid of because it lasted less than 24 hours an by the next day she was super sad that it all peeled off.  So we bought some Revlon colors and I was surprised by how cool the really sparkly one is, it has huge different bits of glitter in it, so I painted my nails too.   I didn't get any pics this time though.

Now we are going camping with our glittery painted nails and our colored pancakes, there were lots left over.  Great Basin here we come!






1 comment:

Go for It ! said...

Thanks, Sara. You remembered the plants on the front porch